Parent School Association (PSA)
The PSA is a valued and vital part of the school community that aims to:
- Build positive relationships with parents, staff, students, governors and the wider school community;
- Raise funds that contribute to the specific needs of the school that help enrich the student experience;
- Provide an important platform for social engagement for parents;
- Raise the profile of The Piggott School and maintain our positive reputation in the community.
JOIN THE PSA
We are looking to recruit new members of the PSA in 2021-22 and we invite you to a coffee morning here at The Piggott School on Friday 17th September at 10am to find out more about what's involved.
If you would like to attend the coffee morning, please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising with easyFundraising.org.uk
Why not do your shopping, or book you flights or holidays, on-line via the Piggott School eStore www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/piggottschool?
easyfundraising.org.uk is the UK's biggest ‘good cause’ shopping site, having already generated over £5million pounds in donations through online shopping. They currently have over 2700 retailers, 55,000+ good causes, and over 500,000 registered supporters. The owners of the site have recently taken ownership of Spend and Raise and are in the process of migrating all their causes over to easyfundraising.org.uk
Why not use it for business purchases as well? For example, office equipment, stationery, flights and hotels.
The PSA Committee
Chair - position vacant
To ensure that the business of the PSA is conducted in accordance with the wishes of the representatives of the PSA and to uphold the constitution of the PSA.
The Chair will:
- Provide leadership
- Sign the approved minutes of the last meeting
- Set the agenda for meetings
- Get to know members of the committee
- Run meetings in an efficient and timely manner ensuring that everyone is able to contribute
- Agree a date for the next meeting
- Welcome and involve new members
- Write an annual report in cooperation with the Secretary
- Sign cheques for the PSA with one other committee member
Vice Chair - position vacant
To support the Chair in all aspects of their role, to ensure that the business of the PSA is conducted in accordance with the wishes of the representatives of the PSA and to uphold the constitution of the PSA.
The Vice Chair will:
- Chair the meeting in the absence of the Chair
- Draw up annual PSA programme in consultation with the Chair.
- Prepare meeting agendas by consulting with the PSA Chair.
- Welcome and involve other parents into the PSA.
- Lead parent and wider school community engagement in PSA (class representatives, use of local contacts and skills).
Prepare with the Chair the PSA annual report for the Annual General Meeting
Secretary - Julia Munns
The Secretary deals with all the correspondence that the PSA receives and helps the Chair ensure that committee meetings run smoothly.
The Secretary will:
- Deal with correspondence
- Arrange meetings
- Prepare and distribute agendas
- Take the minutes of meetings, type them up and distribute them
- Ensure that enough committee members are present to make the meeting quorate
- Sign cheques as required
- Write the annual report with the Chair
- Preparation and distribution of newsletters and other communications to parents
- Preparation of publicity flyers, posters, tickets, etc. for events
Treasurer - position vacant
To maintain up-to-date records of all PSA financial transactions. The Treasurer will:
- Look after the day-to-day management of accounts, including issuing bills and receipts on behalf of the PSA and making payments.
- Prepare and update financial ledgers on a regular basis.
- Complete banking transactions on a regular basis.
- Organise floats for fundraising events, collect and reconcile monies raised at these events and report totals raised to the appropriate stakeholders. Money raised at school events will be locked in the school safe after the event.
- Prepare and report financial statements at PSA Meetings.
- Prepare a concise Financial Report for the Annual General Meeting.
- Charity registration and Gift Aid
Communications Officer - position vacant
To communicate and promote the work of the PSA. The Communications Coordinator will:
- Work closely with the school office to circulate information to parents via email, website or social media
- Publicise PSA events and fundraising initiatives
- Liaise with the local press to get press coverage of PSA events
- Ensure posters are displayed around the school in good time
- Ensure all information on PSA work is kept current and up to date
- Ensure photo permissions are given for all parents/students shown in photos
Committee member - positions vacant
Committee Members work alongside the other members to achieve their responsibilities and will:
- Attend PSA meetings
- Get involved in planning, owning and running events
- Run smaller projects
- Encourage participation and enthusiasm for the events organised by the PSA
The Committee is always happy to welcome new members.
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or are interested in joining us.