Applying for a Place at The Piggott School
When applying to the secondary school, all applications for The Piggott School should be made to the Local Authority in which you reside. All applications are forwarded to Wokingham Borough Council and subsequently to The Piggott School for processing.
For further information, please visit:
The consultation period for Admissions Policy 2020-2021 has now ended. The Admissions Policy 2020-2021 has been determined by the governing body of The Piggott School.
The following map gives a guide to the designated area of the Piggott that is used in its over subscription criteria:
Please note that you can check your eligibility on the Wokingham Borough website -
http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/propertysearch1/ to find your catchment schools.
Support for admission on denominational grounds to The Piggott School requires the completion of a Denominational Certificate.
Admissions Criteria - 2019/20
The admissions criteria for The Piggott School are given below in descending order of priority:
- A - All looked after children or children who were previously looked after: By a “looked‐after child” we mean one in the care of a local authority or being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of its social services function. An adoption order is one made under the Adoption Act 1976 (Section 12) or the Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Section 46). A ‘child arrangements order is one settling the arrangements to be made as to the person with whom the child is to live (Children Act 1989, Section 8, as amended by the Children and Families Act 2014, Section 14). A ‘special guardianship order’ is one appointing one or more individuals to be a child’s special guardian/s (Children Act 1989, Section 14A). Applications under this criterion must be accompanied by evidence to show that the child is looked after or was previously looked after (e.g. a copy of the adoption, child arrangements or special guardianship order).
- B - Pupils whose permanent home address is in the school’s designated area and who have a sibling living at the same address who already attends the school (in any Key Stage, i.e. EYFS2 (Reception year) – KS5) by the deadline for applications. (For the definition of sibling see full document);
- C - The children of staff at The Piggott School where that member of staff is the legal parent and guardian of that child, has a permanent contract to work at the school and where that member of staff has been employed at the school for 2 or more years at the time of application for the place or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post within a demonstrable skill shortage.
- D - Pupils whose permanent home address is in the school’s designated area but who do not fall into criterion B;
- E - Pupils whose permanent home address is not in the school’s designated area but who would otherwise fall into criterion B;
- F - (Secondary admissions only) Pupils who attend one of the linked primary schools, who have not been admitted in an earlier criteria namely The Colleton, Crazies Hill CE, Knowl Hill CE, St Nicholas CE and Sonning CE (Aided) primary schools and Polehampton CE and Robert Piggott CE junior schools;
- G - Pupils whose parents have chosen the school on denominational grounds; an application will only be considered under this criterion if it is accompanied by a fully completed copy of the school’s denominational certificate; for a pupil to meet this criterion a parent must have frequently attended for worship at a church within the Christian faith that is a member of the Churches Together in Britain and Ireland or The Evangelical Alliance over the year immediately preceding the date of application (frequent in this context means at least twice a month for at least eight months a year); and
- H - All other pupils.
Appeals for Year 7 Admissions
The Piggott School has commissioned Wokingham Borough Council to hear appeals on the school’s behalf. Details of how to appeal and the timeline can be found at
Useful Links From the Wokingham Authority Website
- Care and support for children and families: www.wokingham.gov.uk/families
- Services directory: www.wokingham.gov.uk/services-directory
- The Wokingham Borough’s Local Offer: www.wokingham.gov.uk/lo
- Watch our guide to the online Local Offer: https://youtu.be/Hv_QNrtMQWk
For questions relating to admissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions relating to sixth form admissions, please email email@example.com