Skip to content ↓

The Piggott School

A Church of England Academy


 Drugs & Alcohol

Supporting your child - drugs and alcohol

If you are worried about your child's use of drugs or alcohol, here is some advice from Young Minds advice on where you can get help:


Families affected by someone else's drinking

Al-Anon Family Groups UK & Eire is there for anyone whose life is or has been affected by someone else's drinking.

 Self Harm

Self-harm is difficult to talk about but it’s a common problem and there are ways to beat it. Find out what self-harm means and what to do if you think you’re affected by it.

If you're worried about a child or young person, you can contact the NSPCC helpline for support and advice for free - call us on 0808 800 5000 or contact us online.

Children can contact Childline any time to get support themselves.

 Anxiety and Depression

It’s really common to develop anxiety at some point. Find out here what causes it and what you can do to feel better.

Here is a useful guide for parents on what you can do if your child has anxiety.

 Eating disorders

Everyone eats differently, but if the way you eat is taking over your life, then you could have an eating problem. But you’re not alone.

Are you a parent looking for some support?

This parents' guide to the signs and symptoms of eating problems and eating disorders may be useful and will give you some information on where to find help.


Relationships can be confusing. Especially if you really like someone but they do things you're not comfortable with. So think about what feels right for you. Visit Childline for more advice: